What is sequence projection?
With the sequence projection tool we bring 3DM data closer to your protein of interest by plotting abstract data on the protein sequence.
Two types of data can be shown (projected) on the protein sequence, 'protein data' or 'family data':
- Protein data indicates that this data regards this protein, like mutations that describe mutagenesis experiments of this specific protein.
- Family data indicates that this data is collected from the complete protein family, such as mutations collated from all proteins in the family and transferred via the alignment to project hotspots on your protein.
How do I use the sequence projection?
Simply navigate to the protein detail page of any protein and click on the 'sequence projection' tab. The sequence will be shown and regions aligned in the 'core alignment' will be underlined.
You can select a specific position or add a visualisation of either protein specific data or data derived from the complete protein family.
Available functionality for sequence projection (more features are under development):
- AA-distributions for each residue
- Protein mutation data (protein data)
- Protein contact data (protein data) (only available for a structure)
- Conservation data (family data)
- Correlated mutation data (family data) to highlight positions that show co-evolution behaviour across the alignment
- Family mutation data (family data) to highlight positions for which mutations are identified in literature across the alignment
- Family contact data (family data) to highlight positions involved in different types of contacts derived from all structures of the alignment
- Keyword mutation data (family data) to highlight positions for which mutations related to a specific keyword were identified
- Highlight Hotspot basket positions in your protein (family data)
- Patent mutation data (family data) to highlight positions for which mutations have been mentioned in patent claims
- Thermostability prediction data (prediction data)
- Pathogenicity prediction data (prediction data)