When investigating patent data in relation to a specific protein
- Make sure your protein is connected to 3DM.
- If your protein is not part of the 3DM alignment, you can add it to the system as a custom protein (This is described here).
- Navigate to the protein detail page of your (custom) protein of interest.
- Open the sequence projection tab.
- Add the 'Patent mutations BLAST' visualization.
- Select highlighted residues to view patents that mention a modification of this residue.
To use this feature, patent data needs to be available in the 3DM system.
By default patent data is not available for a system. Contact us if you would like to analyse patents for your 3DM system.