When investigating patent data for a protein family
- Open the patent landscape tool.
- Make a selection of patents and patented sequences
- Underneath the selection overview panel, on the right side of the screen, click on phylogenetic tree.
- A window will appear with options to add aligned proteins to place patents in context with the superfamily.
- Click open, the phylogenetic tree wil be generated and shown in the phylogenetic tree viewer.
- Claimed proteins will be shown in red
- Mentioned protein will be shown in green
- Subfamily templates, if added, are shown in dark green